I've always wanted to write thorough brand reviews of top green beauty brands. I know you all have lots of questions about brands, if they're TRULY green beauty, and if they're worth the money so I'm really excited to bring you my first brand review of 2018, and of course, I'm starting with one of my favourite brands - Cocokind. Let's dive in!
- Pure, organic, superfood beauty
- Food grade, nourishing ingredients that actually work
- Conscious entrepreneurship
- Unapologetic self love
- Making personal care, beauty, and self love accessible
- Most product have close to five ingredients
While some products (like the facial primers and powders) are a bit more ingredient intensive, most of the Cocokind products are made with just a few, simple ingredients. This is great for your skin because when you're using dozens or products with dozens of ingredients, your skin can easily become overwhelmed and out of balance. Cocokind avoids this by keeping things simple!
- Totally natural and green beauty
I know greenwashing is alive and well in the green beauty industry, but Cocokind is the real deal. They use ingredients that are truly natural, like plant based superfoods and oils, beeswax, and essential oils. You can even learn about every ingredient they use here!
- 100% Cruelty Free
- Vegan options that are certified by Vegan Action through the Vegan Awareness Foundation
- 100% USDA Certified Organic
- Fair Trade when possible - this makes me a little sad, as a lot of their products contain coconut oil, which should always be Fair Trade
- Everything is $18.99 USD or under!
Cocokind excels in this area. They've created organic, natural, and effective products that are truly accessible, as most of their products are close to ten dollars. This is something I really admire, because they've build a sustainable business that continues to grow, without excessively raising prices or cutting quality.
My Favourite Products
It's rare that I like EVERY product I try, but I truly have enjoyed using each and every Cocokind product I've tried!
- Organic Sea Moss Exfoliator
- Organic Chlorophyll Mask
- Organic Collective Treatment Sticks
- Organic The Colors Makeup Collection - See my makeup look here!
So what do you think of brand reviews? Should I keep doing them? And what do you think of Cocokind? Have you tried any of their products yet?