This post was recommended by a reader, and I'm so glad she reached out! Coconut oil is one of the ingredients I avoid in my skincare ritual, so I was super happy to put this list together! Enjoy!
Why Avoid Coconut Oil?
While coconut oil is championed as a skincare superfood, it just doesn't work for everyone, including myself. I find it's too heavy for my sensitive skin, so it causes redness, irritation, and congestion. And I know I'm not the only one, so if you're like me and can't use coconut oil, these coconut oil free product recommendations are just for you!
Makeup Removers + Cleansers + Exfoliants
I haven't got a lot of cleanser recommendations - mostly because I'm really picky with cleansers. And ironically, my favourite cleanser does have coconut oil in it, which I've included below as an honourable mention. If you have any coconut oil free cleanser recommendations, please share below so we can all benefit!
- Wildcraft Chamomile Honey Makeup Remover ($12.95)
- Leaves of Trees Facial Cleansing Oil ($50)
- Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon + C Creamy Cleanser ($18)
- Cocokind Sea Moss Exfoliator ($16.99)
Honorable Mention: Meow Meow Tweet Tea Tree Charcoal Facial Soap+ ($12)
I know this has coconut oil in it, but for some reason, it works so well for my skin. I'm not sure if it's because it's in soap form (which I prefer, despite my dry skin) but this really is one of my current favourite cleansers.
Toners are much easier to find without coconut oil. Here are a few of my favourites, for all different skin types.
- Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner ($12.95)
- Cocokind Raspberry Vinegar Toner ($15.99)
- Wildcraft Bergamot Rose Toner ($16)
- Herbivore Botanicals After Sun Soothing Aloe Mist ($20)
- Meow Meow Tweet Geranium Palmarosa Face Toner ($24)
Serums are one of my favourite products, so I've got a few recommendations for you. If you've got any kind of skin issues going on, go for the Wildcraft serum, it's a real gem.
And if you've got acne, go with the Rosehip Repair as a spot serum. I use that one for my nose and chin and combine with a hydrating serum for my entire face.
- Andalou Naturals Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum ($24.95)
- Pure Anada Smooth Priming Serum ($25)
- Wildcraft Regenerating Face Serum ($29)
- The Granola Goat Amazing Face Serum ($32)
- Herbblissful Rosehip Repair* ($50)
- Cocokind Organic Chia Facial Oil ($15.49)
- Acure Organics Marula Oil ($15.99)
- Meow Meow Tweet Juniper Carrot Seed Face Oil ($25)
- Herbblissful Sunflower Serene* ($40)
- Leaves of Trees Frankincense Argan Oil ($62)
Moisturizers without coconut oil can be a little tricky. I'm super picky about the face creams I use, as I find a lot of them don't do much, which is why I try to stick with hydrating serums and face oils.
But I also love the texture of a moisturizer, so I'm always on the hunt for a new favourite! These are my coconut oil free picks.
- Wildcraft Geranium Orange Blossom Face Cream ($24)
- Andalou Naturals Acai + Kombucha Oil Free Moisturizer ($24.95)
- Meow Meow Tweet Skin Cream ($25)
- Cocokind Turmeric Spot Treatment ($8.99)
- Cocokind Organic Chlorophyll Mask ($18.99)
- Herbivore Botanicals Blue Clay Spot Treatment Mask ($22)
- Plant Apothecary Matcha Antioxidant Face Mask ($24)
- Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Pineapple + Gemstone Mask ($48)
What are your favourite coconut oil free products?
Products with a (+) were sent as a PR gift. Products with an (*) were sent to me for review. To learn more, please read my Disclaimer.